1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZvP on Metalopolis: Close Positions

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by HamsterSales, Jun 30, 2011.

ZvP on Metalopolis: Close Positions

1. HamsterSales

HamsterSales New Member

CA
    I played this recently as the zerg, which usually doesn't end well. I find the strat I've been using lately works pretty well, so watch the vid and let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aArrO1610QE

I've been casting my games (I'm rank 1 platinum) for a while and have been trying to get better both at Zerg and commentary, so please comment on either or both here or on the youtube page. Any and all feedback would be much appreciated!

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Good commentating, bad 4-gate, is how I'd sum it up. Is this 'strategy' that you favour crawlers or did I miss something? The truth is, you were a lot better than the P player, so I'm not sure if you could get away with so many crawlers in an even match.

3. HamsterSales

HamsterSales New Member

CA
    That's fair about my opponent's 4 gate. I'm certainly not a master of protoss strats so I'm not sure how great his timing was and I was certainly prepared for that, though that was in part because I scouted it. I have found my opening to be strong, though, in all matchups and positions as long as you scout and react to the stuff spines wont help you with.

I think protoss and terran are much better off waiting to attack when spawning close positions on Metalopolis after they establish 2 or 3 bases (with the close expo) and let the crippling nature of those positions wear out the zerg who is unable to take a 3rd most times. Often at my level of play, though, my opponents generally give in to the instinct to put on early pressure in close positions.

I would call what I did here more of a playstyle than a strat as I originally posted and I got lucky that, as you said, my opponent wasnt better and went for 1 base pressure instead of smothering me on 2 base to his 2 or 3.

My commentaries have been more about trying to improve myself while demonstrating some of the things you should and shouldn't do when playing zerg, so thanks for replying! I really appreciate any and all feedback.

4. HamsterSales

HamsterSales New Member

CA